Monday 21 June 2010

Purr-fect



I spent the early hours of Sunday morning putting together the final edit of Invisible Bullets, and the film now stands at a lean, mean 1 minute, 45 seconds.

Everybody on the post production team has been informed that they should now work with this cut, assuming that there will only be minor changes, and it seems that, for once, people have actually listened and acted upon my word!

For instance, Pete Johnson, who’s working on the film’s special effects, has seemingly been up all night working on the film and has just sent me a rough cut of the beer bottle being smashed… and I’m pleased to say that it’s looking absolutely smashing fantastic!

Tonight I’m pulling an all-nighter myself and working on a breakdown of all the sound effects, graphics, etc which are needed to complete the film. I’ll be forwarding this to everybody on the team tomorrow morning, as in this way everyone will then be singing from the same hymn sheet and should have a clearer idea of what is required from them in order to complete the film to a high standard.

Yesterday, in addition to meeting our composer, Andrew Thomson, I took a trip up to Bolton to drop all the behind the scenes footage off with Paul Cryer. Paul makes his own short films with Moving Echo Films and has kindly agreed to edit this footage on our behalf.

When I arrived at Pauls I was early and he was having dinner with his family. I duly went and sat out of the way in Paul's garden and then two minutes later this cat appeared. I don’t know why but it reminded me of Travis Bickle.

You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment