Sunday 27 June 2010

Pixel Resolution

















In an attempt to find a Pixel Artist to create pixilated images of all the cast and crew I did a few searches on Google, put a call out on the Arts Council website and set about contacting several people on Pixel Joint, a community of Pixel Artists.


Rick Eades, my cartoonist friend, did respond to my initial email, and I sent him all the info, but then he emailed me on Thursday evening saying that it wasn’t really his thing and that he’d have to pass.

Having had no other response aside from Rick, I decided to have a crack at it myself, and spent all Friday working on it, teaching myself the technique by following this tutorial.

I was quite impressed that I managed to create something that vaguely resembled myself and had started work on Colin Warhurst, Sophie Bates and Peter Wobser. The problem was that these four people had taken me all day! If I were to attempt every cast and crew member I could easily see the faces deteriorating as the final credits rolled, and in all likelihood we’d be ending on a couple of badly drawn stickmen.

Then, late on the Friday night, after spending all day staring at pixel after pixel, I got an unexpected email from a graphic designer called Mark Brereton explaining how he’d like to get involved in the project.

I was ecstatic, and quickly fired an email back to Mark. He confirmed that he was interested and up for the challenge, and so I stayed up until 3am uploading photos of all the cast and crew for Mark to refer to.

I did get responses off other Pixel Artists including top pixel artists Gary J Lucken and Richard Janes but they were both unable to commit to the project due to the tight deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment