Wednesday 23 June 2010

Just The Two Of Us



On Tuesday morning I sent an email out to the team clarifying a few things regarding the film’s post production.

I also requested that certain people start copying each other into emails, as I was a little worried that people would start doubling up on tasks, which we can’t afford to do with such a tight deadline.

Andy Poole and Andrew Thomson are now copying me in on their emails about all things sound related, and although for the most part I don’t have a clue what they’re babbling on about (recording at 48khz/24bit, levels of PPM 6, dithering down etc…) at least I know that they’re talking to each other and not working in splendid isolation.

I have also asked Gareth Crook to copy in Peter Wobser on all his emails. Wobser is working on the final grade and I sent him some game screenshots yesterday afternoon to give him an idea of what I’m after. Hopefully in this way we can get a consistent game look, with a similar colour palette being used throughout the film.

In the early hours of this morning Gareth sent me the revised opening titles and credits, and they’re looking fantastic. In the end credits Gareth has used some photos of the cast and crew, but ideally I’d like them to have pixelated versions of ourselves, similar in style to this.

I’ve sent an email to Rick Eades, a Manchester based cartoonist I know, but I’m not sure whether it’s something that he’d like to get involved with, since it’s not his usual style. However, having had a gander at Rick’s Facebook profile he does list ‘The Good, The Bad and The Ugly’ as one of his favourite films… which has got to be a good thing!

Today Paul Anderton and I are going to be shooting the opening ‘Tumbleweed’ scene, and now that we have Gareth’s files to hand we will be able to get a much better idea of what to shoot, and as to how this footage will relate to the opening titles.

In addition to the ‘Tumbleweed’ scene I am planning on shooting a Spaced like sequence, involving lots of fast cuts as Jimmy pours the Red Bull into his glass.

Ideally we would have an establishing shot of the kitchen for this bit, but unfortunately we missed it on the day.

Yesterday I got a call from Paul Walters, who first contacted me via Facebook. Paul, like Andy Poole, is a student at SSR and in my initial response I think I said that he should get in touch with Andy to see if he needed a hand with anything. Turns out that they know each other well, which is great and I’m more than happy for Paul to get involved.

With Paul onboard the film credits are starting to resemble a checklist for Noah’s Ark. We now have two Pauls, two Petes, two Gareths and two Andys working on the film.

It was only the other day that Paul Anderton was gloating about how he was the only Paul. I’m off to tell him the bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment